May 19, 2020
Our Church board met last evening, May 18, for our plan of action for re-opening to be in line with the State of Indiana’s plan.
We have established the following:
- We will be opening up for in-person services Sunday morning, May 31, for the 10 AM service only (there will be no children’s church or other activities at this time).
- We want you to know, if you do not feel comfortable being here, we will be continuing our livestream services as we have been. We will also continue the livestreaming of our Pastor’s corner and Wednesday evening Bible Study. Also, if you are not feeling well, we urge you please to stay at home and livestream the service if possible.
Here is where we are today:
- We are in the process of professional cleaning and sanitizing our carpets and all our sanctuary chairs. Everything will be clean and fresh when you come in.
- We will be following the 6-foot social distancing recommended guidelines established by the government. (This includes no handshaking or hugging).
- We encourage you to use common sense when it comes to social distancing for the safety of both yourself and others. Let’s be considerate of one another.
- There will be Sanitizing stations throughout the church for your use. Also, the drinking fountains will be closed, but we will have bottled water available should you have that need.
- One entrance and exit- We will use the main entrance to the building as our entrance and exit.
- When you arrive, there will be an attendant to handle the door so that you can go directly to the sanctuary and find a seat. (Touch free)
At dismissal of the service, you will be dismissed in an orderly manner so we can still observe social distancing.
Every other row of chairs have been removed to provide 6 foot spacing between rows.
- Masks are recommended for those ages 3 and up for consideration of everyone’s safety.
- Giving- Starting the weekend of the 31st, there will be no more Friday or Saturday evening drop-offs at the church. There will be an offering box in the foyer to drop your tithe into as you arrive if you attend in-person service.
You can also send your tithe and offerings to the church at:
P.O. Box 704
Peru, Indiana 46970
You can also visit our website and give on-line at www.peruzc.org.
- There will be no handouts for the church bulletin or sermon handouts in the sanctuary. If you want a sermon handout, you can print one off from our webpage, as they will be available there.
As we have prayerfully considered how to re-open safely, we know that coming back to the church now will not feel the same, or look the same as before. As much as we would like our return to be “normal”, it will be very different in appearance but there will be no difference in our Zion Chapel commitment to God and to you, our congregation.